I felt like I didn’t get enough done today but I did get something done. Here is a list:
- I gathered the trash and recycling and took it to the dump, including the vinyl inflatable pool that has been sitting outside the garage for a year now, deflated and filled with sand; yeah, that was good purchase.
- I took my son to the dump and convinced him to be happy about not taking the always-offered lollipop because he had had so much Halloween candy lately. That may have been the biggest accomplishment of the day.
- I purchased some snow stakes to line the driveway. Our old fiberglass stakes are pretty shredded and are nasty splinterizers. We need to get the new ones in as the ground has been considering freezing lately. At least I got the first part of that one done.
- I rolled about on the floor with my kids and laughed quite a bit.
- I made lunch for my son while my wife and daughter were out for a hike–he even ate most of it, including a large peeled carrot.
- I hung laundry on the clothesline and then folded a huge pile of it in the late afternoon.
- I washed a whole mess of dishes.
- I took out and stirred the compost, although I was sad to see it is not cooking as much as it had been in the warmer weather.
- I brushogged for two hours. Last night my brother-in-law dropped off his tractor and I had a grand time mowing the field. I got only part of it done (it will take 8-10 hours to get to it all) but the kids each rode for a while (I also purchased an additional set of ear protectors at the hardware store) and they had fun bouncing about on my lap. I only got stuck once but got out with the bucket in but a minute.
Tomorrow I will get out on the tractor some more, hopefully make some banana bread, and start stacking the firewood. We may get the snow stakes in as well but that may have to wait until we get the tractor out of here. Oh, and I was hoping to go for a run. If only I got more done today, I would have less to do tomorrow. But here we are. I’ll just have another piece of candy and everything will be fine.