We have a big old patch of mint in the herb garden next to the house. I am always looking for ways to use it. Last summer I made fresh mint chocolate chip ice cream (and I kick myself for not having made it yet this summer). This summer I may have a new mint hit–maple mint tea. It is way simple to make, and on these hot days when I have been out sanding or painting the house, it is mighty refreshing. Here is how to make it:
- Take 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves and add them in a pot to 8 cups water
- Bring almost but not quite to a boil
- Remove from heat and let steep for about an hour
- Strain into a pitcher or, if you prefer, strain and then pour into a pitcher
- Add 1/4 cup maple syrup and stir well
It takes a little time but, like I said, it is tasty and refreshing. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
I never know what to do with all the mint in my garden. This sounds great! Thanks for the info.