I have been watching the weather closely today. Supposedly we are getting a big storm. It will start snowing some time tonight. It was forecast to have started snowing by 4:00. Didn’t happen. Now the National Weather Service says it will start by 7:00. That is right about now. All the predictions say we are looking at half a foot of snow. I hope so.
Problem is, I am scheduled to work at a high school tomorrow. If we get a snow day, or even a delay, I need to reschedule. That won’t be simple. Every day the rest of this month is booked for me. So I have the classic dilemma. On one hand, lots of snow means poor driving which means (potentially) no school tomorrow which, as noted, will be a pain the snowplow. On the other hand, it could be a snow day. I mean, no school. How great is that?
OK, the down side of the snow day thing and the excitement of no school is that I still have to work. I have plenty to do and I will need to do it, even if I take a break to sled with the children for a bit. But still, no school. Sleeping in a little. Making a snowman. Hot chocolate after getting cold and frosty. That is plain old good stuff.
I look forward to waking up and seeing what we’ve got. I will be checking my school’s web site first thing. My curiosity will keep me from sleeping in after all. I’ll crank up the fire and sip an espresso drink and get down to work while my wife takes the children outside. Or, if the storm fizzles, I will head to school. I suppose that wouldn’t be so bad.
But we might have a snow day. Yeah baby.