Hinesburg celebrates 250 years as a town this year, so our July 4th parade theme was Hinesburg’s birthday. Several people who made floats for the parade had the same idea–to create a giant cake. Here they are, with some bonus pics.
The kids are pretty dang fired up. The lights are lit. Cookies are on the table. The big man comes tonight. Tomorrow we will have a fine family celebration. Thankfully we have that. I’m pretty excited myself. Hurrah and all that. Hurrah for Christmas.
Note in the photo:
- Christmas tree cookie jar–NOT filled with cookies for Santa
- Cookies for Santa–sugar cookies with “stained glass” melted Life Saver centers
- Mandatory milk to accompany cookies
- Plastic angel with working (!) candle from 30+ years ago.
- Lists for Santa
- Egg carton filled with sparkly art project for Saint Nick to admire
Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night!